No one knows how and when the current COVID-19 pandemic will come to an end. Right now, the situation is taking multiple folds on the bad side, and things are getting out of control.
The real meaning of being a responsible citizen should be understood by us all. All the responsible authorities are doing their best to stop the spread and to break the chain. Now the turn is ours, and we should do our part with a strong belief.
There are two aspects for us all to perform, and they are – Staying Healthy & Staying Safe!!
What steps can be taken are discussed below.
For Staying Healthy
- Doctors have recommended drinking boiled or hot water throughout the day as it can help to kill the virus at some level.
- Consumption of cold foods and beverages should be avoided as the virus is now affecting the lungs mainly, and cold things are not good for the lungs.
- Performing yoga and exercises that help to heal and improve the respiratory system is strictly recommended. It will help your lungs to be able to inhale more oxygen.
- Drinking water having properties of different types of herbs is one of the best ways to improve immunity. Take items like clove, cardamom, black pepper, Heart-leaved moonseed, ginger, anise, and holy basil in equal quantities and boil them together in a glass of water.
- Perform exercises that can help you bring out the sweat from your body, and your lungs will also stay healthy.
- Try consuming food that has fewer levels of cholesterol and foods which are low on fat.
- Don’t forget to wash the fruits and vegetables before using them.
- Drinking a cup or glass of turmeric tea or milk every day is also a great way to keep yourself strong from inside.
- People who smoke cigarettes should understand that viruses are attacking the lungs, and smoking delivers a bad effect on the health of the lungs.
For Staying Safe
- We all should wear face masks whenever we step out of our homes, and using double or triple-layered masks are recommended.
- We need to change the way we celebrate. For example, as Raksha Bandhan is approaching, you can use online rakhi with sweets delivery in India for celebration without meeting in person.
- We all must avoid unnecessary travels and should only travel after wearing a face mask and gloves.
- Do not forget to sanitize the handles of your doors and the surfaces like tables and chairs if someone has visited your home.
- Keep washing your hands from time to time throughout the day, and washing your hands before you eat is very important.
- Always meet and greet your loved ones without any physical contact.
- If you go to work daily, make sure you change your clothes and take a warm bath as soon as you enter your house.
- Do make sure to sanitize the packed products before you unpack and use them.
- Do not share any information related to the pandemic with anyone before confirming it for its genuineness.
- Keep your functions under the guidelines released by the government.
- Always try to maintain a distance of at least 2 feet from anyone when you are out in the market.
- Social distancing should also be followed if you spend time in your backyard with your neighbours.
- We all should keep our surroundings clean to minimize the risk of bacterias and viruses.
- Don’t wait for long to get yourself tested if you are having symptoms.
Things will surely be back to normal, and life will move as we all want sooner. All it requires are our efforts and dedication to fight as a whole.